Appbase.io provides the search stack for building modern apps - a hosted (or managed) developer-first search service. It supercharges Elasticsearch, an Apache 2.0 licensed search engine: to offer a streamlined development experience, out of the box actionable analytics and enterprise grade security.
With appbase.io, you can:
- Import your data from any sources via dashboard or CLI or REST API,
- Test search relevancy visually. Read more here
Build production-grade search UIs using one of:
- our UI component libraries,
- our SDKs,
- or the REST API. You should start here to learn more.
- Get out of the box actionable analytics on top searches, no result searches, slow queries. Read more here
- Out of the box security with built-in Basic Auth or JWT based authentication, read/write access keys with granular ACLs, field level security, IP based Rate Limits, Time to Live. Read more over here
Image: appbase.io overview diagram
The appbase.io API is interoperable with the Elasticsearch API and builds on top of it. With the apps product, there are some API endpoints that we don't allow access to. Full list of supported endpoints is documented at https://rest.appbase.io.
We also offer hosted or managed clusters, where we maintain 100% compatibility with the Apache 2.0 licensed Elasticsearch and support every Elasticsearch release starting v5.6.
appbase.io offers the following advantages over running your own Elasticsearch cluster.
Image: appbase.io feature stack overview
- Analytics - Get rich insights and analytics for your search app.
- Security - Read/write access credentials, IP sources and HTTP Referers based restriction, Role based access control.
- Zero Ops - Automated provisioning, scaling, logging and daily backups so you can enjoy a peace of mind.
- An Active Ecosystem - From UI toolkits to build search interfaces and map UIs, to the leading Elasticsearch data browser to a GUI for writing queries to backend data connectors to import data from SQL, MongoDB, JSON, CSV sources into Elasticsearch, we are actively working on open-standards to improve accessibility of building apps with appbase.io and Elasticsearch.
- No Vendor Lock-in - Hosted APIs often come with a huge lock-in cost. appbase.io is offered as a hosted API as well as a cloud native software, offering a consistent experience without becoming a walled garden.
- Built-in Realtime Streaming - appbase.io for clusters offering a realtime pub/sub API for the entire Elasticsearch Query DSL.
|Clusters||Free 14-day trial. Flexibility of deploying in 16 regions across North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia|
|Apps||Easy to get started. No credit card required. Multi-tenant setup|
|Bring Your Own Cluster||Already have an Elasticsearch cluster with AWS or Elastic Cloud or hosting it yourself? You can provision the appbase.io docker container or image as a hosted service from the dashboard or deploy it yourself.|