An App in appbase.io is equivalent to an index in ElasticSearch. Appbase.io Apps allow you to get the best of Elasticsearch without the cost of running a full cluster. You can read more about them over here.
In addition to being powered by ElasticSearch, apps come with the following features out of the box:
- A dashboard UI for importing data,
- Build and test search relevancy with zero lines of code,
- Get Actionable Search Analytics: Top User Searches,
- Enhanced security with ACLs, IP sources and HTTP Referers, Role Based Access Control, and IP based rate limits.
Here are the steps you can follow to create and manage Appbase.io apps.
- Step 1 - Log in to Appbase.io Dashboard
- Step 2 - Select the Create a new app action.
Step 3 - Enter details and click Create App button.
Note: Here you can select the plan based on API calls and storage requirements. It also allows you to import data from JSON/CSV. Data can also be imported after the app is created.
That's all! Our appbase.io app is created 🚀. Now you can view this app on your dashboard by clicking on the app card.
Out of the box features available for apps:
- Import Data allows importing data into ElasticSearch from sources such as
SQLor another ElasticSearch index. The CLI tool supports more sources such as
Redisto name a few.
- Search Relevancy allows configuring and testing search relevancy settings through a set of GUIs.
- Query Rules allows setting "If This, Then That" style rules to extend the search engine.
- ReactiveSearch allows creating search UIs for React, Vue, Vanilla JS, React Native using industry-leading search UI components.
Actionable Analytics provide insights into search queries, as well as allow measuring clicks and conversion activities.
- Request Logs track the request and response logs.
- Popular Searches track the popular search queries.
- No Results Searches track search queries which returned no hits.
- Popular Filters track the popular filters (aka facets).
- Popular Results track the popular search results and their impressions.
- Geo Distribution charts the geography of where your searches are originating from.
- Request per minute charts the requests per minute (aka RPM) against your app.
- Search Latency measures the latency performance of your search queries.
- API Credentials provides Basic Authentication based security keys with fine-grained security rules to control access. It also allows you to set IP restriction and API access limit for your ElasticSearch data.