Appbase.io’s Search Analytics enables businesses to analyze their search volume, conversion opportunities (popular searches), content gaps— in effect helping them understand the ROI impact of search and highlighting areas where it can be improved.
In this competitive world of e-solutions where almost every e-solution has alternatives to choose, it's important to understand the users' needs and act accordingly. A faster and relevant search experience directly contributes to sales. A relevant search experience increases user engagement. The first step in understanding how well your search is engaging and converting is to start measuring the underlying key metrics.
With appbase.io analytics, you can now understand your search’s ROI impact through the funnel of conversions. Drill down into the search analytics, discover content gaps and unlock new monetization opportunities. Here are the key use-cases for analytics:
- Identify content gaps - By finding the top search terms that yield no (or low) search results, you can identify the content gaps.
- Identify lost opportunities - By looking at popular search queries that have a low click or conversion rate, you will be able to tell lost opportunities. This is likely a tell that your search relevancy needs fixing.
- Identify ranking strategy related issues - If the average click position of the search results is high, it implies users are scrolling through the search results before they find what they need. You can revisit your ranking strategy to fix this.
- User Geography - By knowing where your users are coming from, you can address their search needs better.
- Tailor search for your business needs - You can create custom segments (paid users, mobile users, user on a 3G network) that are meaningful for your business and additionally filter all of the above analytics to glean more specific insights.
- User sessions summary - Total Users, Total Sessions, Bounce Rate and Avg Session Duration
- Search summary - A Searches > Clicks > Conversions funnel
- Popular searches
- No result searches
- Popular Filters
- Popular Results
- Distinct count of IP address/users
- Popular countries
Here is a glimpse of what you can expect to measure with Appbase.io Analytics.
With appbase.io’s analytics views, you can now understand your search’s ROI impact through the funnel of conversions. Drill down into the search analytics, discover content gaps and unlock new monetization opportunities.
Total Users represent the total distinct users who have performed at least one search.
Total Sessions represent the total number of user sessions.
The bounce rate represents the percentage of user sessions that have bounced relative to the total user sessions. Read more about the bounce rate over here.
Avg Session Duration
Avg Session Duration represents the average time a user is spending on your search. Read more about it over here.
appbase.io shows the most popular search terms in a given time interval. This lets you understand:
- Merchandising opportunities — Feature products and monetize your search.
- Lost opportunities — Popular searches with low click rates. Perhaps, the results aren’t relevant or some key results are missing.
It is important to know when your search doesn’t meet end user expectations. The No Results Searches view lets you know the search terms for which your users didn’t get any results back.
You can replay these searches with the same settings that your users had, allowing you to then tweak the search relevance settings.
All analytics views provide an additional Replay Search feature which allows testing the exact state of a user’s search. You can understand the root cause for no results and then tweak relevancy settings to update the search behavior in realtime.
This feature allows you to create featured results based on the top search queries or no results queries. For example, as a movie store app owner, you may find it useful to promote Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows movie at the top when someone searches for the
harry potter query.
Popular Results give insights into the total search impressions, clicks and conversion info for the most searched result items.
Geography Visualization gives insights into where your users are. You can use this info to ensure that your search experience is optimized for your users in different geographies.
The request distribution view helps you to understand the status of your requests. For e.g., if your search requests are resulting in frequent errors, you can see them here.
Search Latency view lets you visualize your query distribution and show you slow performing queries.
Custom Analytics allows you to go one step further by recording additional events when recording analytics. These events can now be filtered from within all the above search views giving you an extra layer of context about your users.
By tracking custom events, you can slice and tailor analytics for your business needs.
All the appbase.io analytics views are also accessible via REST APIs, making it very easy to embed the analytics within your web and mobile apps. You can find the API reference over here.